This summer, leading power tool manufacturer DEWALT® is launching the XR Lithium Ion system , a new range of lithium ion power tools with a new system, new technology, delivering an even more efficient way to work.
The new XR range of lithium ion cordless power tools has been developed by DEWALT® to offer tradesman, professional users and serious DIYers a range of tools that are tough on the outside and intelligent on the inside.
The cordless power tools feature an intelligent electronic module and switch that constantly monitors tool and battery operation, maximizes performance and prevents damage caused by overload or temperature build up, increasing the lifetime of both the tool and battery.
Offering extreme run time, increased efficiency and improved performance, the XR range offers a whole host of innovations and features including:
- Universal charging system for all XR batteries and compatibility with the DEWALT® 10.8v battery packs. Provides greater flexibility and omits the need for multiple chargers
- Improved motor efficiency – up to 15% faster application speed and 30% more runtime
- The all metal gearbox increases efficiency and durability
- Current and voltage shut off protects the battery and increases its lifetime
- Choice of battery – 1.5Ah for compact efficiency or 3.0Ah for extreme run time
- Bright LED light with auto delay feature improves visibility
- Tough magnetic bit holder provides practicality by holding bits or screws securely
Available in-store from June, there is an XR tool to suit every need. If you are looking for extreme power and performance the DCD985L2 18v XR 3 Speed XRP Combi is the perfect choice. With 500 Watts power output, 55Nm sustained torque and maximum drilling capacity of 16mm masonry, 50mm wood and 13mm metal, this cordless drill is suitable for even the toughest jobs.
If compact power and efficiency is what you need, the DCD785L2 18v XR 2 Speed Compact Combi weighs in at only 1.8kg, offers 350 watts of power and will drill into a maximum capacity of 13mm masonry, 38mm wood and 13mm metal.
Also included within the range are a number of XR Lithium Ion Combo kits featuring the new ToughsystemTM, a mobile modular storage system that allows you to quickly and easily change the combination of tools you take to work. The DCK290L2 Combo Kit includes the DCD985L2 18v XR 3 Speed XRP combi, DCF885 Impact Driver, two 3.0Ah batteries, one universal charger and a DS150 ToughsystemTM tool box.