Summary: Learn how to remove a water stain from a ceiling.
If you have had a water leak that has left a stain on the ceiling below, you will find that emulsion alone will not be sufficient to cover it.
Painting over a ceiling stain
- You will first need to paint over the stain with several coats of stain block paint.
- Once the stain is no longer visible, paint over it again using your original emulsion paint.
- If you are using a ladder ensure it is secure and put a sheet on the floor to protect it from paint splashes.
Painting over ceiling stains video
- How to paint concrete
- How to paint metal
- How to paint wood
- How to paper a ceiling
- How to remove paint or varnish
- How to repair flaking paint
- How to stain a fence
- Painting a ceiling
- Painting a room
- Painting doors and door frames
- Painting radiators
- Painting techniques
- Painting with a roller