Lets Do DIY Limited
www.lets-do-diy.com is a site operated by Lets Do DIY Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6629028 and have our registered office at 30 Gay Street, Bath, BA1 2PA. We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Access to our Site
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
We reserve the right to restrict access to, withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
All copyright, database rights, trade marks, domain names, patents, design rights and all similar rights whether registered, registrable or not (“Intellectual Property”) in our site and in the material published on it belong to us or our licensors. You may download and print material from our site for your personal use only, but you must not further copy, transmit, modify, republish, save, pass off or link to any content or material on our site without our prior written consent.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you complete a “Contact us” form on our site or “Register” on our site, any information that you submit will be recorded by us. You warrant that all data, images and information provided by you is accurate, and does not infringe the Intellectual Property of any third party.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and your information will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
If you have provided your contact details to us, we may contact you from time to time regarding our services. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if you have ticked the opt-in box permitting us to do so, and/or if we sell or buy any business or assets or in order to comply with any legal obligations.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Use of our site
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any intentional misuse of our site or the distribution of viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site.
Liability and responsibility
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Where you are dealing as a consumer, nothing in these terms shall adversely affect your consumer statutory rights.
LETS-DO-DIY.COM – FORUM RULES
These rules (Rules) set out the terms for use of the lets-do-diy.com forum (the Forum), which apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to the Forum means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The lets-do-diy.com Forum is a site operated by Lets Do DIY Limited (LDD). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6629028 and we have our registered office at 30 Gay Street, Bath, BA1 2PA.
The Forum is moderated. Every contribution posted on the Forum (Contribution) will be checked by us for compliance with our content standards (Content Standards) as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published. We will try to publish as many Contributions as we can but we cannot guarantee that all Contributions will be published. We also cannot guarantee how quickly Contributions will be posted on the Forum as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
Although the Forum is moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Forum or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating the Forum at any time. We reserve the right to promptly remove, edit or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation of any third party rights. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forum by any person in contravention of these Rules.
Use of the Forum by minors
The use of the Forum by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use the Forum that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using the Forum should be made aware of the potential risks to them and of their obligation to comply with these Rules when using the Forum.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties when they use the Forum, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
Submission of Contributions
Before making a Contribution you must register with the Forum by completing the registration form. Your name will appear as part of your Contribution when published. As a Forum user, your Contributions can include new topics, comments and uploaded content.
There is no word limit to the length of a Contribution.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. LDD will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from anyone else apart from you.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Forum, you agree to grant LDD a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, LDD will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. LDD may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectually property right of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Forum, you are warranting that you have the right to grant LDD the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to LDD, please do not submit the Contribution to the Forum.
Breach of these Rules
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Forum.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Forum.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Forum, please contact us at email@example.com We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above (see section “Breach of these Rules”). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Changes to these Rules
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Thank you for visiting our site.